Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Walking to Remember

Jeff & I joined my family this weekend for Alzheimer's of Central Alabama's "Walking to Remember." We participated in memory of my daddy, Dennis Echols, who died of Alzheimer's Disease a year ago at the very young age of 58. We walked to raise money for South Highland Center, the daycare where daddy stayed. I am very proud of "Team Dennis" ('cause it was an early morning!) and of those people who sponsored us. Our team raised more than $2,000 to contribute to approximately $8,000 raised by the entire South Highland Center group.
Here are a few snapshots from the morning:
Mom and Aunt Sue organize the troops before the walk starts.
Jeff & I strike a pre-walk pose.
I love this photo of Mother Hen (my mom) leading the way with the baby chicks.
Halfway through, Hallie hitched a quick ride on Uncle Jeff's back.
It was a great morning to get in a little bit of exercise, a lot of fellowship with the family and remember the special man my daddy was all at the same time.

1 comment:

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

awesome and so meaningful for you all, i'm sure. thinking of you.