Sunday, November 22, 2009

Walking to Remember

As I type this, I'm thinking about my daddy. He died November 22, 2007 which was Thanksgiving Day. This holiday will be bittersweet for us. We will celebrate Abby Kate's first Thanksgiving while recognizing one very important family member is missing.
Two weeks ago Abby Kate and I traveled to Birmingham for Alzheimer's of Central Alabama's "Walking to Remember" or in Abby Kate's case, "Strolling to Remember" to walk in memory of Daddy. This was the second year for "Team Dennis" to walk. My cousin's daughter, Avery, wanted to push Abby Kate. Isn't she cute?! The walk is made up of three laps around the Galleria but ours was a leisurely half-lap stroll. Avery let Abby Kate nap with her teddy bear. Girl Power! Hallie, Avery, Emma and Abby Kate. The best part about the walk for me is being with our family and remembering as a family who we are walking for... my Daddy.

No comments: